Monday, May 17, 2010

April Kitchen Conundrum Winner!

So, what is that odd, self-rigged tool that we featured in the April Kitchen Conundrum Contest? It's a whisk (which we modified by cutting the end off), and in the Simply Divine kitchen we use it to drizzle dark chocolate over our frosted and topped brownies. We started with a fork, moved to a bamboo skewer and finally settled on this contraption, as it gives even coverage and leaves wispy threads of delicious chocolate without the “extreme” clumping that results from other tools.

The lucky winner, who correctly guessed the tool and it's use, is Margot. Margot received a dozen brownies and a new whisk! We also sent her our two new brownie flavors: smoked sea salt and caramel and strawberry cheesecake, along with our turtle brownie, our crème de menthe and peppermint brownies, our cappuccino brownie, and our macaroon brownie.

When we passed the good news on to Margot, we asked her to tell us why she loves brownies - this is what she had to say:
"Why do I love brownies? Mainly because I LOVE chocolate. They're the perfect vehicle to transport one of my favorite ingredients to my stomach. Soft, a bit chewy, warm, moist... They're incredibly comforting. I like to sit down with a warm brownie and a tall glass of milk to forget all the things that are stressing me out at any given point in time. What I love about Simply Divine is not only are your brownies incredibly delicious, but they give me inspiration in my own kitchen for flavor combinations. It's exciting to see what creative ways you jazz up a simple crowd pleaser like a brownie. I hope to visit the store again when I'm back in Maine this summer!"
Congratulations, Margo! We can't wait to see you this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment